Thursday, October 14, 2010

First Photos Published!

I've been meaning to share this with you and because things have been so hectic I completely forgot. Then when I went to my "Blog Ideas" folder to figure out what to write about today, I came across this...


rivy-1


You're probably thinking 'So what?!?"

I'll tell you what! Some of my photos were published!! YAY!!!

Remember back in the summer I told you about how I took photos at my daughter's theater camp for their production of "Beauty & The Beast"? Well, I put the photos on a disc and the Riverdale Y (where the camp is held) liked them so much they asked if they can use some in their Fall Program Guide.

To say I was excited was an understatement. Photography has been such a passion of mine for so long that to have someone want to publish my photos was unbelievable to me. I know it's not a book or anything but small steps, right?!?

They used a couple on a flyer promoting their theater classes,


rivy-2




rivy-3



and 5 in their Fall Program Guide.


rivy-4


Two of them made the front cover!

rivy-5


The top one wasn't from camp but a festival they had during the year.

Then if we flip on over to page 19, there's one from the show WITH a photo credit!

rivy-6




rivy-7


On page 20 there are 2 more from the show, also WITH photo credit!

rivy-8




rivy-9


It was funny because my mom received the guide in the mail before I did and was all excited and called me to say "the girls' pictures are in the Y catalog!"

Absolutely NOTHING about the fact that they were MY photos, with MY name in the credit.

My sister and I don't exist anymore. It's all about the grandchildren.

But, I'm still excited!

Anything exciting happen to you lately? Would love to hear about your victories -- big or small!

1 comment:

Heather Fonseca said...

Congratulations! How exciting. I would be jumping up and down if I were you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin