Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Headband Design - Twilight Inspired

Every time I do a fair, I try to come up with some new items to show. This Sunday I'm going to have a table at a fair in Riverdale, NY on Johnson Avenue. If you happen to be in the area, definitely stop by to say hello! I believe it's going on all day - from 10am to 5pm.

One of the things I have been working on is a new headband design using this amazing ribbon I found. It has a 2 tone shimmery essence to it and this one in particular instantly reminded me of the movie Twilight! The deep red color with the black just had a mysterious quality to it.

Using the ribbon, I created an oversized flower and attached a black button to the center.

twilighthb-5sm



I thought the size of the flower would pair perfectly with a skinny headband base wrapped in black satin ribbon.

Although my almost-seven-year-old loved this design, I especially see this design on a tween girl to an adult.

twilighthb-2



Look how good it looks on this beauty!

twilighthb-4



If you'd like one of these for yourself or as a gift for someone else and can't make it to the fair, no worries - I just added it to my Etsy shop!

I love this ribbon so much i think I'll be trying it in other colors. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin