Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snap Happy In Columbus Circle

Yesterday I was able to escape to the city BY MYSELF for a few hours just to hang with my friend Pam, walk around leisurely, shop and have some lunch. A perfect afternoon.

I even decided to drive in. This is major for me! I normally NEVER drive in and always take the subway. I have to say, I LOVE the subway. Cheap, fast and easy. Always works for me! Today however, I knew our time was limited and I had to get down there rather quickly. Even quicker than a subway. So, I braved it and drove down. 18 minutes later, I was where I needed to be.

My "city girl" friends and I all have one major thing in common - we don't like to drive. Which is funny considering I lived in Florida for a while (still can't believe it) and had to drive at least 2 hours a day. We'll do anything to avoid it. Subway, bus, taxi, walk, bike - you name it. As long as it doesn't involve getting behind the wheel, we'll do it.

Normally the parking lots in the city are outrageous! I did however discover this really cheap lot on 62nd off of West End Avenue. I used to refer to it as "the $12 lot". I think it's the only place that is actually lowering their prices rather than raising them. Today it was $10 for 12 hours!

It is now officially "the $10 lot".

Of course I had my camera with me so I thought I'd share some random shots of the day.

We wanted to go to the holiday market at Columbus Circle but when we got there, we discovered there was no market. Must have ended right after XMAS. so instead we started out at Williams-Sonoma. UH! I just love this store!!

Look at this great mixer. I have one in black but as soon as it goes, I'm definitely buying this green one.

wilsonoma-1


I liked this display also.

wilsonoma-2

I think they were even on sale.

Then some random shots from walking around.

columbuscircle-1


IMG_9855-sm


IMG_9845-sm


Hey Taxi!


IMG_9850-sm


IMG_9849-sm


IMG_9847-sm

IMG_9853-sm

IMG_9857-sm

I'll be back down on Wednesday. This time with my girls.

Do I dare drive in again? My MetroCard might get jealous.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin