Friday, May 14, 2010

Peek At My Week

This week was pretty busy with my usual stuff. The highlight however was yesterday - heading down to the city to attend an event at B&H Photo. This time the topic was Macro and Nature Photography. So much info!! My head was spinning when I left. (in a good way) Can't wait to see the schedule for June!!

I have a question for you.

When was the last time you had a slice of pizza in NYC for a buck? Yes, ONE Dollar!! You probably can't even remember that far back.

I can.

Yesterday!!

After the B&H event, I was walking up 9th Avenue heading back to my car when I passed a pizza place on the corner of 40th & 9th where the sign read "1 Slice 1 Dollar" (or something like that) I was in shock! Could this be for real?? I had to check it out.

The pizza passed inspection - looked normal. Good in fact! Sure, I'll bite.

I asked for a slice.

They asked for a dollar.

With my slice in hand, I continued my walk up 9th. I have to say, it was really good! My only comment would be that the crust could have been a bit crispier. I like crispy crust. I'm very particular about my pizza. I would definitely go back to this place!!

For a peek into the rest of my week, here are a few random pictures.

Mother's Day flowers

IMG_1149-sm

Me. Procrastinating.

IMG_1167-sm

Oh, but check out my hideous nails! I went for a manicure Friday night because the hubbs gave me a gift certificate last Mother's Day that was due to expire the next day. I never get a color put on my finger nails (toes are a different story) but I figured since it was Mother's Day weekend, what the hell.

Less than 24 hours that was what they looked like!!

I'm back to clear.

Behind the scenes I am working on a new shopping cart for the TCG site. I need some graphics here and there so I asked my little one to help me out.

IMG_1171-sm

Tried a new broccoli recipe I found on the Food Network. So simple - my family loved it.

IMG_1214-sm

Worked on a recipe I will be posting sometime next week. Still sifting though the photos.

IMG_1264-sm

That was it. How about you?

If you're looking for something cool to do this weekend, head on over to DUMBO in Brooklyn. There's a Photo Festival going on.

I can't make it. I have more exciting events like 4 year old birthday parties to attend. If you go, give us the scoop.

Tomorrow night I'll be heading back into the city though. Yay!! Dinner with an old friend and then we're going to a comedy club to see a friend we haven't seen since Junior High School. She was funny back then so I'm sure it will be hysterical.

Come on by:

The Yes Show

Short form improvised scenes and songs using your suggestions.
Friday, May 14th & Saturday, May 15th
8 pm / $15 (general seating)
@ Gotham City Improv at Stonestreet Studios
48 West 21st Street (betw 5th & 6th Aves), 8th Floor

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin