Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Place Cards

I can't believe Thanksgiving is only 2 days away!! I'm so excited to stuff myself with stuffing and gravy!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I love to have it in my home every year. We always have a lot of food and keep everything really casual and comfortable.

One thing I do every year is come up with fun little place cards. Last year to keep my girls occupied, I had them make turkeys out of cardstock and decorate them for each person. I definitely need to come up with another activity this year!!

When I was at the store yesterday tackling my Thanksgiving list, I saw some really cute lady apples and baby pears. I thought they would make cute place cards for our table.

Then when I came home, I saw we still had some little pumpkins left over from out Halloween decorations and added them to the mix.

I designed and printed the cards on my computer and punched out with a scalloped edge punch.

Here's how they turned out


edibleplaceset


For the pumpkin, I punched a hole in the card and tied the card to the stem of the pumpkin.

pumpplaceset


For the apple and pear, I cut a slit on the top and slid the card right in.

appleplaceset




pearplaceset


This was a fast and inexpensive way to dress up your table even when keeping it casual.

How are you in your house? Formal and fancy or casual and comfortable? Do you have any creative ways that you decorate your Thanksgiving table?

2 comments:

Heather Fonseca said...

Super cute!!! We always go over to my MIL's house as our house is too small for words (or large groups.) I love your place card idea. Very cute and chic.

citygirl - Stacey said...

I always have it at mine. That's good that you didn't have a lot of cleaning up to do!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin