Tuesday, February 8, 2011

{I Heart Faces} Hearts

IHeartFaces.com does a weekly photo challenge at the beginning of every week. Because of scheduling or the particular theme, I'm not always able to participate but this week I just decided to make the time.

The theme for this week is "Hearts". Seems pretty logical since Valentine's Day is just one week away. Which reminds me - Valentine's Day is only one week away!!

So, I had an idea in mind for a photo with a Heart theme but had to get my girls involved. This isn't as easy as it sounds. I just want them to do what I ask. Why is that so difficult?

Them: "Mama, I think we should pose like this"

Me: "No, I want you to pose like that!"

Them: "I don't want to wear my hair tied back"

Me: "It will only be for a minute."

Them: "Is dinner ready? I'm staaaarving!!"

Me: "Just let me take the picture!!!"

After all of that, this is what I ended up with. Not exactly what I planned but it is what it is.

hearts-2





Do you have anything special planned for Valentine's Day?

17 comments:

April said...

What a cute idea to capture the theme! Love it! Good luck to you!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm happy to help if I can. I just checked out your blog and noticed you JUST started blogging so my first tip would be to continue writing. Don't worry about getting followers just yet. You need to have content on your blog so people will want to come and visit. Also, not just because I'm a photographer, but I really feel like a photo in each post really helps visually. It helps to break up all the text. So, I would start from there. Hope that helps!!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks April!

Anonymous said...

very creative & love the color of their outfits!! Great job!!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks Erin!

Kel said...

Aww!! This is such a cute photo! I tried to get my kids to do this, but they absolutely refused to cooperate. Lol
Your daughters are beautiful!

Natalie said...

Very cute interpretation of the theme! I love how you included the conversation between you and them! LOL! Very cute entry~!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks Kelly & Natalie!

Kelly - as you can see, it definitely wasn't easy to get them to cooperate!! :)

Melanie @ Tip Toe Thirty said...

This made me chuckle. Things with kids are never as easy as we think they should be. Awesome shot nonetheless!

www.melanierellerphoto.blogspot.com

citygirl - Stacey said...

Melanie,
It seems funny now but I wasn't feeling that way last night!! :)

Our Family said...

What a great catch - even if you did have to work for it. The conversation really made me smile. TFS!

alicia said...

Such a creative idea!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks Alicia! I just checked out your blog KidsClick and I want to chat with you. Look for my e-mail!!

Traci Landry said...

My kids totally run when I break out my camera now so i can totally relate. Great shot!

citygirl - Stacey said...

It's worse when they're together. Sometimes I can make it happen when I want to photgraph them separately. It's a complete nightmare when I add my 2 nephews to the mix!! :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness.. well at least you got a picture entered... i didnt get to enter one because my three year old is a turd! lol he wouldn't let me get his picture because he got frustrated that he couldn't make a PERFECT heart with his hands... grrr KIDS!

citygirl - Stacey said...

I know! They can make you CRAZY!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin