Friday, January 21, 2011

{I Heart Faces} Fix It Friday #83

It's hard to believe we're already at the end of the week. Seems like each week goes faster and faster.

Today we woke up to a snowy morning here in NYC and of course the girls were hoping for school to be closed, but fortunately for me, 3 to 4 inches of snow doesn't call for school closings!!

I had a pocket of quiet time this morning so I thought I would get a jump start on this week's Fix It Friday.

Here is the original photo taken straight out of the camera (SOOC) As a reminder, this is not my photo, it's from a contributor over at the I Heart Faces site.

Fix-It Friday #83


Here are my 2 edits - I cropped them both and lightened the background. I really wanted the focus to be on the boy and the rock I made a color version as well as black & white. I think I like the black & white one better. I usually do :)

fif-83a




fif-83b


To see more of the edits, check out the site by clicking on the link below.




Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?

9 comments:

citygirl - Stacey said...

Forgot to mention I also adjusted the levels separately on the boy and rock.

Teresa said...

Cool! You did a crop much like mine... I like yours better! ;)

citygirl - Stacey said...

Just checked yours - yes, we did do a similar one! :)

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Great job! I think the first one is my favorite! I love the crop!

Visiting from the I Heart Faces linky! Following you now! BTW I just started a new meme called SOOC Saturday where you link up your shot Straight Out Of the Camera. The linky will be open all weekend. I'd love for you to join in!

www.marvelousmommy.com

Dee said...

I really like your crop.

Leesha said...

I tried cropping mine, but never liked it. I love what you did though, much better then my attempts!I like the color version the best. :)

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks Dee, Leesha & MM!

MM - I will definitely check out your meme

Jessica Marie said...

Great edits! Love them both!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks Jessica!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin