Thursday, January 6, 2011

FOCUS

I can't believe it's already 6 days into the new year. I hope your year is starting out well.

I know at this time of year it's always popular to make resolutions, but for me, I'm just not going to do it. I mean, how many times can I say "this year I want to be more organized, and I want to exercise at least 3 times a week". Every year I say it and every year it doesn't happen. Why should I set myself up for failure like that??

The truth is, I HATE to exercise! At least the formal type like going to a gym. I've tried classes, machines, nothing gets me going. I've even made it easy on myself because there's a gym where my little one goes to preschool. I'm there twice a day - once for dropoff and once for pickup. How easy would it be for me to just stay after I drop her off? Couldn't be any easier and I STILL don't do it! Now walking around the city for hours, that's another story. I can do that in a heartbeat!


nycbuildings-1



As far as organizing goes, this is something I would still love to do but let's be real, my desk will ALWAYS have piles of paper on it. It's just the way it is.

Now as I've been reading through my favorite blogs these days, one thing I have noticed now is people are picking a word for the year. A word they want to try to live by. I thought about it and I think that's something I can do.

So, my word this year is FOCUS!!

I found myself a little (more like a lot) all over the place this year - my mind going in a million different directions and getting nowhere fast. Does that happen to you?

I have so many things that I'm interested in - photography, cake decorating, party planning, bookmaking, the list could go on and on. So, I decided I need to narrow my focus and see how that goes. I might as well try it out, right? So, this year I decided to focus on photography and blogging. Sure, I'll still dabble in those other things - I can't quite go cold turkey but the other 2 will be on my brain front and center.

It's a funny thing, this focus. As soon as I made that decision, different opportunities started opening up for me. Were they always there and I just hadn't noticed?? I will definitely fill you in as they develop.

What about you? Do you have a "word" this year or any special resolutions? Would love to hear them!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so funny - that's the same thing I said about 2011 - It's a new year so a new focus. Mind you, I've already been distracted a it but old habits are hard to break but I am more aware of the things I need to do and get completed.

Focus!!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Great! We can keep each other in check!!

Amy at TheSceneFromMe said...

I think we all could use a little more FOCUS in our lives!
Glad I stumbled upon your blog today!

Jennifer D said...

Walking around the city for hours sounds like good exercise to me!

citygirl - Stacey said...

Thanks for finding me Amy!

I'm with you Jennifer! :)

Heather Fonseca said...

Focus sounds good! I'm wanting to be creative this year. Happy New year Stacey!

Love,
Heather
http://heathersdesignblog.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin