Tuesday, March 16, 2010

After The Storm

This weekend in NYC, there was a big rain and wind storm. I didn't even leave my apartment all day Saturday. Our apartment even sprung a leak in my girls' room. It was crazy!!

Yesterday, I went with my little one's preschool class on their first field trip. It was an exciting adventure to the post office. Woo Hoo!! Each kid wrote (more like scribbled) a letter so they would each have something to mail. On the walk over, we saw lots of trees that were knocked down from the storm. The kids were amazed! I was also! Didn't realize just how strong those winds were.

On my drive back to my apartment after the field trip, I couldn't find a parking spot, but I did find this...

0515-2sm

I had to get out of my car and take some pics. This is right near one of the playgrounds my girls like to play in.

0515-1sm

So crazy!!

0515-3sm

So glad no one was hurt.

When I lived in Florida, we were always worried about trees coming through our house during all of those hurricanes.

Do you live in a stormy area? What have you seen in your neighborhood?

By the way, I never did find a spot. Ended up going to Target instead!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin