Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brownies With My Baby

This week I have a lot of baking projects. My first one was super easy. Yesterday my little one said "Mama, I want to make brownies". How can I say no to a face like this?

IMG_9711-lg

Perfect timing!! It's about that time of month where I get that almost animalistic craving for something chocolate. This, coming from someone who normally doesn't even like chocolate! Crazy how those hormones work.

Well, I knew I didn't have all the ingredients to make brownies from scratch, so I had to check the cabinets in hopes of a box mix. Found one!! Pillsbury?!?. I know I didn't buy that one. Must have been the hubbs. If it was me, it definitely would have been either Duncan Hines or Ghirardelli. Extra fudgey of course.

Can't disappoint my baby, so Pillsbury it is.

I was excited to try out my new brownie pan that my mother in-law gave me for the holidays. It's like a cupcake pan except square.

They came out pretty well except they each had a dome. They also came out more cakey than fudgey.

browniepan-4

After they baked, I let them cool in the pan for a bit,

browniepan-1

then moved them over to a cooling rack,

browniepan-3



then right to a plate.

browniepan-2

Just for the picture of course! Who needs a plate to eat a brownie?!?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin