Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snap Happy, Scrap Happy - Weekly Photo Book Project - Week 1 of 52

As I mentioned previously, I decided to come up with a creative challenge for myself for 2010. I love making books - particularly accordion style photo books. You can see some of them on my ETSY shop. I also love photography and am constantly taking lots of photos.

I decided to practice what I preach (imagine that!) and instead of having all of my photos hang out in some folder on my computer, I'm going to make a different photo/scrapbook a week. I think it will be really fun! Each week, I'll have to first make an actual book, decide on the design, take more photos, and design a layout and final book. Some I'll keep, others I'll give as gifts to friends and family. Lucky them!

So, for my first week, I'm going to make a bowling themed birthday book. My nephew had his bowling party just before Christmas and I got some really cute shots from the event. I think my sister will really like it as well.

So far, I have my cover paper picked out and cut,

bowlingpaper-1


(By the way, this was the same paper I used to make the toppers for his gift bags.)

the chipboard is cut for the covers,

chipboard

and some bowling enhancements that I bought at Michael's.

bowlingstickers

I still need to select and cut the cardstock I'll use for the inside pages, select the photos I want and have them sent out to print, (I like to get them professionally printed at a lab) assemble the whole book and start creating the layouts.

Lots to do but it will be worth it! (let's see how I feel when I'm at week 25!)

If you'd like to join me in this challenge, I have a few blank books on my ETSY Shop and will be adding more this week. To see some samples of custom books I've created, you can look here.

I'll also be having a giveaway soon so check back often! I'll keep you updated on my progress during the week and show you the final version next Monday.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin