Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Barbie Party Follow-up

Just realized I never followed up on my daughter's 6th birthday party - the Barbie party. I already told you about all of her previous parties and the cakes I made. I don't want to leave you hanging on this one - -it WAS over a month ago! What can I say, I got busy!!

OK here we go. The party was a success! My daughter had a great time and I had a lot of fun preparing for it. It was an intimate party - just a few girls. Unlike previous years where we had to invite the whole kit and kaboodle. Whew! Glad I got away easy this year.

This is my party girl with her b'day tiara. Yep, it lasted about just as long as it took me to take this picture. "Mama, it hurts my head!"

Birthday Girl

After all the girls arrived, we started the party with a little makeover. My sister and I did the makeup - lip gloss, eye shadow and nail polish. They loved it! I also had a table set up with Barbie coloring pages and stickers to keep them occupied while they were waiting their turn for the makeover.

Somehow when I wasn't looking, my daughter got into the makeup. Guess she didn't realize that lip gloss goes on your LIPS. She likes to experiment.

Glossy Eyebrows

After that we played a game kind of like hot potato except with a wand. Each girl ended up with their own wand - a white one, except the birthday girl got a pink one. Did I mention this was the pinkest party I've ever been to?? This strategically lead us to our next activity which was to decorate the wands.

Party Girls

What's a party without a craft activity?? I got a bunch of foam stickers and glittery letters (gotta have glitter) and they each got a chunky foam initial to decorate as well. I tried my hardest to get all pink initials but after 3 different Michael's stores, I gave up. Some of them ended up with BLUE!! I know - can you believe?!?

Crafts

During the party I had 2 areas set up with snacks - a candy section and a dessert section. The candy area had pink jelly beans, pink gumballs and pink & purple M&M's,

Candy Bar

pink swirl candy sticks and personalized Barbie chocolate bars.

Barbie Chocolate Bars

The dessert area had watermelon balls, chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate dipped pretzels, both of course drizzled with ...you guessed it...PINK!!

Strawberries and Watermelon

Pink Party Pretzels

Then we come to my favorite part - the cake of course!! I wanted to do a Barbie themed cake but not the typical "Barbie doll stuck in the middle of a cake made to look like a dress" type cake. I was more inspired by the Barbie silhouette logo. The cake was a lemon cake from scratch (no box mixes here) with home made butter cream icing. I also covered the cake with fondant to give it a smoother look. I really like how it came out...and so did my daughter fortunately.

Barbie Cake

The girls then changed into dress up clothes and put on a fashion show. They really hammed it up! They ate pizza, PINK lemonade, cake and played with the 40 + Barbie's that we have in our house. Which by the way, I think now we are up to 50. Does it ever end??

Last but not least, the goodie bags. I got PINK decorative gift bags and filled them with a Barbie storybook, purple goblet (they were supposed to be on the table but, woops, we forgot), and more girlie stuff - jewelry - rings, bracelets, necklaces, brush, mirror and tattoos. They also got to fill up a candy bag with whatever candy they wanted from the "candy bar". These moms must lo-o-o-o-ove me!

I made invitations and thank you cards (which I still haven't sent out) from Design-her Gals with a girl I created to look like my party girl - all dressed in pink!!

Well, if you ever need to throw a Barbie party, I hope I've given you some good inspiration here.

Next up - a Halloween party. I'll let you know how that goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey
I wish you had been my mother when I was a little girl. What an awesome party you put together for Olivia. Your sense of detail is amazing and the outcome was BEAUTIFUL. The girls look like they had an amazing time.
Congratulations.
Sam

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY AGREE W/SAM!! You are soooo talented!! I am glad you are a member of our family! Donna

Anonymous said...

I totally agree w/Sam; you are amazin!!! Glad to have you as part of our family.

Donna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin